HUNTSVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
815 Wheeler Ave.
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Rex Reynolds Wendell Johnson
Chief of Police Public Affairs Administrator
(256) 427-7001 (256) 427-7043
Special Operations North Precinct West Precinct South Precinct
(256) 427-7157 (256) 746-4111 (256) 427-5461 (256) 213-4503
Huntsville Police Offer Safety Tips for Big Spring Jam
Huntsville, Alabama (September 20, 2006) To ensure citizens have a safe and friendly Big Spring Jam experience, Huntsville Police will be working the event with Police Officers in uniform and plain clothes. Police Chief Rex Reynolds has instructed personnel to enforce State laws as it applies to underage drinking, illegal drugs or any activity that disrupts the Jam’s programs. Reynolds, said, “We are fortunate to have a family environment where people can enjoy all genres of music and talent. Therefore, our Officers, volunteers, vendors and security personnel will focus on any juveniles under the influence of alcohol, drugs or creating a disturbance that jeopardizes the safety, health and welfare of citizens.”
Parents should talk with their children and remind them that it is illegal to possess or consume alcoholic beverages in the State of Alabama. Minors caught under the influence of, in possession of or drinking alcoholic beverages can be arrested and booked into the Madison County Detention Facility. The following guidelines should be observed:
1. No weapons, drugs or outside alcohol may be brought inside the Jam area. Although alcohol will be sold to adults with proper identification.
2. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Guests wearing articles of clothing with obscenity, profanity, sexual suggestive material or gang slogans will be asked to remove the clothing or leave the park.
3. No radios, boom boxes or video recorders will be allowed inside the park.
4. No exotic animals such as snakes will be allowed inside the park, except animals assisting people with special needs.
5. No bottled beverages, food or personal coolers will be allowed inside the park.